my Mom passed away unexpectedly on Friday

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by mamagardener, Jun 20, 2010.

1. mamagardener

mamagardener Chillin' With My Peeps

Just wanted to thank everyone for all their well wishes and prayers for my Mom, but unfortunately she passed away on Friday morning. She did not die from her cancer, she died because of medical negligence when she was in the hospital. She was done with all her treatments and she was getting better. I talked to her at 9:00 Wednesday night, and she was fine, she was only a little short of breath. She coded during the night, and was given CPR and put on a respirator. She had been having an erratic heartbeat, and went into AFIB, where her heart would beat too fast. They did not put her in CCU, they just gave her medicine. the medicine would make her blood pressure drop, and then they would give her something else to bring it back up. This went on for a week, and we should have insisted they put her in CCU. What happened is her blood pressure dropped too much, her heart stopped pumping and then she coded. They put her on a respirator, and gave her dialysis because her organs failed and her potassium went up too high. The bottom line is, they screwed up at that rinky dink hospital she was in. She should have been in Boston, but she trusted her doctors to do the right thing and they didn't. And because of that mistake a beautiful person was taken away too young. She was only 68, but looked and acted like a 55 year old. She was a wonderful person, and my family will never get over this loss.

2. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    There are no words. I am so so sorry. [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I'm so sorry.. so sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. HelenB

HelenB Out Of The Brooder

Mar 11, 2010
    Kitsap Peninsula
    You have my sympathy and my prayers. It is hard to lose a mom to disease, I lost mine about 15 months ago. It must be even harder to lose her to medical negligence. I don't know what else to say, I was remembering this morning my mom's last day, her race to the finish and my letting her go. It is hard and sad and that's all there is to it, no matter what everyone says. If I were there I would hug you.

5. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

I am so sorry..................... [​IMG] Hubby's dad died at a hospital he worked at last year, because he trusted their care.... they failed him also.

6. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    My heart aches for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

7. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

8. FluffyColor

FluffyColor Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Queens, NY
    Sorry for your loss. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] So sorry for your loss [​IMG]

10. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    So very sorry. No matter how old we are, losing a parent is so, so difficult. Praying for sweet, sweet memories of her for you....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by