1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My momma shoulda named me grace

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rooster0209, Apr 19, 2009.

1. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    for the lack of it anyway.

I have never been the most graceful person and do not have a decent sense of balance (or direction) but today, thank goodness for my dog.

I was looking for my cat Arlo, went down 3 steps and opened the basement door. There was the cat, wondering why I was yelling his name all around the house. I head back up the 3 steps into the kitchen, or so I thought. I must have forgot my feet on step 1. I fell flat over on my face, or would have but my ever present velcro dog saved me from the worst. Instead of landing face first on the floor, I grabbed for the dog and landed on him, then slid down the rest of the way to the floor. Now i hurt and need a nap. darn it!

DH was in the kitchen and saw it all: and laughed once he knew I wasnt hurt. I swear, this isnt my best act of gracefullness but its close. Right after we were first married, I got out of the pickup and forgot to put my feet on the ground. Fell flat out of the door, with me feet still in the pickup.

Im off for a nap, tell me I am not the only klutz on BYC.

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Good grief!!! My middle name shoulda been Grace. I am the clumsiest person in CA I swear!!!! I run into walls, fall off my shoes - flats even, Spill things that are not even within reaching distance, drop food, trip over nothing. I thought I was normal.

3. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

I walk in to door ways!!! I have size11 feet and am not used to them even though I have been that size for 6mos!!! Oh and I have fallen flat on my face just from tripping on my own feet! [​IMG]

4. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    I was running with a friend and was talking to her and not paying attention to where I was going and ran into a STOP sign.

5. gypsy2621

gypsy2621 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Honest I am not laughing at you ! I am laughing with you, my name should have been claudia , goodness lol. I trip up stairs, fall off escalators, I have on more than one occasion fogotten my feet in the truck only to wind up with a scuffed up nose and cheek( dont ask). trip over speed bumps in the air.

Why just today getting pictures for a friend I squatted down to get level with the chicks put my feet too far under my butt( i guess ) and went down flat on my pride and bad hand, sat their crying my eyes out while the kid took pictures.
    so at least you are in good company to say the least.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  6. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

My grandmother used to swear I'd never be a "lady" b/c every time I went to her house I had bruises, scratches, abrasions, etc. from my most recent battle with gravity. (funny thing; gravity always wins... [​IMG] One time I went, and she was SO excited! My legs & arms had no signs of recent trauma! Hooray! Two days later my DSD left the dishwasher open beside me, I had no idea it was open, and when I turned to open the refrigerator, I fell over the open door and pulled the dishwasher halfway out of cabinet, breaking the countertop in the process. [​IMG] That was many years ago. Things have not improved since then.... [​IMG] I am TOO a lady; I'm just not a very graceful one! [​IMG] One of my big challenges is my spatial perception. I can SEE things, I just can't tell exactly WHERE they are. (You should see me trying to put things on the clothesline, reaching for it, reaching again, etc. I look like I'm demented, grasping at invisible floating objects...) I have rammed my hand into glass display cases on more than one occasion. Ah, well. C'est la vie! I'm in GOOD COMPANY!!!

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    [​IMG] Hi....ouch, it hurt to raise my arm.....pulled my shoulder out when I fell and grabbed the cat scratch post. My knee hurts from a run in with the cedar chest at the foot of the bed (my knee is black) my ankle is ALMOST healed from tripping at the bottom of the steps on my front porch. I could go on and on and on...................

8. Cajunsamoan

Cajunsamoan Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2009
    Louisiana
    LOL, my mom says she never thought I would make it to adulthood. I regularly (we're talking almost on a daily basis) walk into door frames, trip on air, etc. Any loud noise in the house and my husband and kids yell "you okay?" cause they know I probably fell.

9. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I gave myself a concussion and missed three days of school in HS.
    I forgot to duck when getting into the car.

My math teacher told me that I knocked myself normal.

Ha!

10. rooster0209

rooster0209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2008
    North Dakota
    Thanks ya'll. I dont feel so bad anymore, now that I know I am in good company.

I stood up once to answer the phone at work, turned around and ran into the door frame. I had a line bruise that went down the side of my face, thru my eyebrow and down my cheek. darn door frame.

I was walking down the stairs one morning at my moms, doxie in one hand and coffe in the other. I slipped about half way down and bounced the rest of they down on my behind. It took a second at the end of the steps to catch my breath, all I could say when mom asked if i was ok was (not worth repeating) I cracked my tailbone and had a donut to sit on for weeks. But I didnt spill the coffee or drop the dog.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by