my mom's aunt died, i wrote a poem about her

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by TheDuckCrew, Feb 22, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    my mom's aunt died on valentines day. she was like a grandmother to me, i loved her so much. she was also a farm person and we would always talk about horses and cows and all other animals. i had to write a poem for school, so the second she died i decided i was going to write it about her. i wrote it today. here it is.

In Loving Memory of Aunt Carrie

For many it is a day of glee,
    Of lovers with their hearts crossed.
    But for me,
    It was a day about a love one lost.

Like an angel sent from above,
    She did no wrong,
    Her heart full of love,
    She was so strong.

She could talk until the sun set,
    So many stories I heard.
    I wasn't ready for her to go just yet.
    But now she is free, flying like a bird.

What I would give for one more day,
    Before the heavens took her away.

I was a strong atheist until she died. now i just hope there is something more than this life. she was such an amazing person, i'm gonna miss her for the rest of my life. [​IMG]

2. mjane

mjane Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2009
    What a very kind way to honor her memory. She would have been pleased. God bless you and her.

3. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    That is very beautiful and touch every heart.
    sorry for your lost
    god bless you

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    very well said, mjane.

[​IMG]

Love in Christ,
    Gretchen

5. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    thanks everyone. she was such a wonderful lady. she was a milk tester and her farmers were part of the family. around november, she would fire up her stove and start cooking 170 coffee cakes! she would wrap them all and then on christmas eve, drive 200 miles round trip, and deliver them to all of her friends, family and neighbors. she is greatly missed by all.

6. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    That is a wonderfully warm and touching memory...you should write these down so you will always have them to share with future generations of your family and friends.

me,
    g

7. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    yeah. there are so many memories. we recieved a two page typed letter from one of her farmer friends. it was really nice. but i wish i had one more day with her, one more day out of forever.

8. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Sorry for your loss.....that is a beautiful poem [​IMG] I feel the same about my aunt that also passed. Your Aunt Carrie was lucky to be loved like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by