I'm so excited that this is almost finished. With the exception of cutting the floor boards, I did this all by myself! I picked up this little tikes playhouse for $20 on craigslist. I've been working on it little by little over the past 3 weeks. I have less than $50 in it, including the playhouse. I had to buy the 2x4's for the floor frame, all of the rest of the wood is recycled. I had to buy the roll of hardware cloth too. Things I did: -Built floor frame, treated 2x4's, recycled plywood -covered all windows with hardware cloth, secured by screws and washers -secured roost to walls. It's only a 1x4, but the coop will only house bantams, so I'm hoping it will be strong enough. I can always brace it in the middle if needed. -Added a ledge at the window (pop door) opening. My LF girls came in to investigate. They have no problem clearing the window, but the small window sill caught one a little off balance, so hopefully the ledge will help with that. -Added pop door -Put latches on the front door. I also made a removable nest box that will sit in by the front door. When they start to lay, I'll just be able to open the door and gather eggs. I can remove the nest box to clean out the deep litter. -Caulked the roof seam. We haven't had much rain, but coop did stay dry, with the exception of the one side that we forgot to close the shutters on. Even then, it wasn't much rain because the shed blocks the wind/rain direction. -built the ladder ramp coming down from the pop door window. Things left to do: -I still need to decide what to do about the opening above the pop door. Is this a good place for a vent? Make a window that can open/close..Its a little hard to reach from the inside. Or, just block it off completely with plywood? Any thoughts on that are appreciated. -Before winter I will fill the walls with "great stuff" spray insulation -Make window coverings for winter. My plan is to make velcro shower curtain inserts for the 3 windows. That should still let in a lot of light, but block rain/snow/wind. It will also let me control how much the windows are covered. Hopefully this works out as well as it does in my head! -Build the run, which is scheduled for this weekend! So, enough rambling...here are the pictures. It's stealth...big barn, little playhouse. The run will go straight back, so from the front, it will always just look like the playhouse. Hardware cloth on windows and door. latches on door. Roost going across on the left, ledge at pop door at the back. Hardware cloth around the eaves. I didn't go all the way around. The roof is securely attached, so I only covered the spots that had greater than a 3/4" gap. There is venting around the top for probably 80% of the house. (This also shows the one opening that I don't know what to do with. Pop door and ladder. Still have to secure the door when its closed. Roof seam caulked. You can see some of the roof venting here too. All in all, I'm happy with how this turned out. I'd love to hear what you think. Because the house is secure, I'll be using 2x4" rabbit fencing for the run. Materials for the fence will be about $50 total. So, this has turned out to be a very inexpensive coop project. It is going to house 3 or 4 bantams. The inside area is slightly bigger than 12 square feet, so you could easily house 3 LF breeds too. Thanks for looking!