1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Mother is driving me nuts!(poop related)

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by max13077, Oct 26, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Every time I talk to my Mom she asks "so when are you bringing over some chicken dumplings for my garden?" I tell her I'm not sure it's ok to put it on yet. Well who can tell me if it is?

The poop is from my Cornish x's from this summer and early fall. Can I mix it in now for next years garden?

2. LilBizzy

LilBizzy Chicken Storyteller

May 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I don't know the answer, but I love the title.
    Chicken Dumplings [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  3. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Tell her it needs to compost and then she can have all she wants. It's to "hot" to put on a garden now, unless she's wanting to put it on and let it sit over the winter. Thinking about what time of year it is now (duh me! [​IMG] ), that's probably what she is wanting to do. If that truly is the case, drop her some dumplings! [​IMG]

4. ROC4K

ROC4K Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    If the garden is done for the year I would add it in...

5. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Yep, give her some Chicken Dumplings! Will cool down by spring. [​IMG]

6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Yes this is time to mix it in. Now I have to tell a funny but expensive story:
    When El Paso built Cohen Stadium for the El Paso Diablos they got a great deal on fresh chicken manure from the egg farm on the other side of the hill. They brought out tons of fresh manure and put it down "hot" and heavy on the newly rolled out grass field. It burned it to a crisp faster than you could say Kentucky Fried Chicken! They replaced the grass and bought cow manure from the dairies over the hill.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by