My mother's day gift to myself.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by luvmychicknkids, May 10, 2009.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Kind of an odd one I suppose. As some here know, I have lived without my husband for the past 4 years and have one more to go (NO, not prison, Military for those who don't know). Anyway, I have been extremely stressed lately. I mean REALLY bad. Almost feel like I am falling apart and kinda go through the motions of life like a zombie of sorts. So when I was talking to hubby last night I just broke down. I started crying and got mad and let it all out. He started out getting a bit defensive (who wouldn't) but realized what was happening. Anyway, I did this until my eyes were so puffy I couldn't see and I felt like I was all cried out. Finished out conversation on very good terms then went to bed. OMG I woke up this morning and felt 10 years younger. Physically and mentally. I felt happy for the first time in so long I can't remember. I feel lighter (well, the scale is LYING about that!!!) and like a new person!!!!

Anyway, I just had to share. I know I shouldn't keep my feelings from my husband. I don't like to but I also try not to worry him so I had just let this build and build. Even though I know he can't make it better right now, just sharing and hearing how much he truly cares made all the difference!!! [​IMG]

2. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

Sometimes just blowing up...or having a melt down does wonders for a person.

Glad you are feeling so much better!

3. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks. [​IMG] I was actually amazed at how much good it did!!! I emailed him immediately saying OMG I feel HUMAN!!!! LOL

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    Can I feel "human" with ya? [​IMG]

5. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Yes you sure can!!!! I would be happy for you to, in fact. I had almost forgotten what it feels like. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Barry

Barry Chillin' With My Peeps

I know how hard it is with military separation, but not for as long as 4 years.
    You deserve a medal!

7. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Meltdowns are self-therapy. We can only take so much before we crack and then we wonder why we waited so long. [​IMG]

8. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I am happy for ya! Now maybe this year will fly fast while waiting for him! [​IMG] to you as I don't think I could have been that strong!
    I wish I was able to vent maybe I could feel better about myself!
    Happy Mothers Day!

9. luvmychicknkids

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Thanks so much guys. And you are so right Debbi......I think we need to do it BEFORE we get to the point I was. One of the things I told him was that everyone seems to think I am so strong but I am NOT.....I just do what I have to and sometimes I really just can't handle it. But yes, I think it will go quick. I am so ready to have my family back together like it should be. Then I have to move back to the kitchen permanently!!! LOL And Mourningdove, if you need to vent, find a way....believe me, it is worth it. I was honestly considering a therapist until I decided my husband was a much better choice.

10. wyo-helpmeet

wyo-helpmeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2009
    West TN
    Thank you to both you & your husband. ((HUGGLES))

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by