My Mother's Day wish List

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, May 8, 2011.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    For all of you children of mothers out there who wonder what to get your mother for mother's day:

1.) Let me sleep! Please, by all that is holy, let me sleep.

2.) Do your chores without me having to ask, nag or beg.

3.) Do one of MY chores!

4.) Don't make more messes making my gift than you clean up.

5.) Spend one day not fighting with each other.

There you go. My kids are still too little to pull this off; and once they are I am certain to miss glitter covered, misspelled cards, full of childish devotion. Personally, I am not a big fan of Mother's Day. I think women should get the parties on their children's birthday. Once I was old enough to grasp this I sent my mother flowers every year on MY birthday. Now I send them to DHs mother on his.

2. areyoumymother

areyoumymother Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    Boy isn't that the truth.....Mothers day, dare I say like Christmas, has become more retail/restaurant driven then the 'real' meaning of Mothers Day.

My children always get so frustrated because when asked "what do you want for Christmas/Mothers Day/Birthday my response is always things they can't run right out to buy [​IMG]

"Love, Peace and Charity are the best gift anyone can offer" has always been my standard response.

3. GiddyMoon

GiddyMoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    Tucson, AZ
    Your list is pretty much like mine. I am thankful, my kids never hurt fight each other, but bickering happens..so..no bickering, and I want a clean house...that pretty much sums it up!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by