My mouth hurts

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by gaited horse, Oct 13, 2009.

1. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    I got my braces today [​IMG] and my mouth really hurts I took the equate Naproxen sodium but my mouth still hurts is there anything i can do?

2. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    oragel?
    When I was young and had a toothache, I would get a wash rag, wet it with cold water and chew on it. That may not work for you, but maybe just sucking on the cold rag (not on ice) may help I promise, it gets better. I went through braces once, a loooong, loooong time ago.
    I'm sorry you're uncomfortable.
    Best wishes.

3. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    When I got braces, the hurting went away after a few days. Motrin will help. Every time you get them tightened, they'll hurt again, but not for long.

The day you get them OFF, they'll feel so foreign to you. You'll run your tongue over them a million times. TAKE A PICTURE that day! Just in case you're stupid like ME and don't wear the retainer and your teeth go crooked again!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    The first few days will be tough.

If the pain comes from your cheecks and tongue touching the braces, you can buy wax to put over them.

If it's from the 'movement', well, that's something you are going to have to work through.

Good luck.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  5. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Just make sure you still brush good, even though your sore!

6. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    When I got my braces, I took motrin or exedrin (some type of pill) and slept! I found that the wax didn't work for me, so I just let the inside of my cheeks get used to it.

Oh this might sound a far time away, but WEAR YOUR RETAINER! I haven't worn my in 3 weeks because I can't find it and my teeth are starting to shift!

7. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    been there, done that! ow. just ow. call the office. see if they will prescribe something more.

here i am 38 and doing it again! just got Invisilign to realign my bottom plate. and boy, was i sore two weeks ago. getting readjusted this next week. i'll go through it with you! we can be pain buds! it'll be worth it! it's not just looks for sure. it's for perfect wear and tear of the teeth.

you can do it! [​IMG]

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    They told my daughter to drink icees when she got hers!! she said it helped her along with motrin...

Missi

9. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Quote:MJ, How much does invisalign cost compared to regular braces?

10. gaited horse

gaited horse Merry Christmas!

Aug 14, 2008
    Fernley, NV
    Quote:Thanks we will be pain buds until the end.
    My mom is picking up Vickading I got prescribed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by