My muscovy ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Muscovies, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

Here they are my muscovies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What color would this be called?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just wanted to share [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2010
  2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

Is that blue thing a food or water hopper? Does it work in winter without freezing, if it is a water hopper?

3. Muscovies

A water hopper

I just put it in the pen yesterday so I don't know if it will freeze but I am going to get a machine that will keep the water from freezing up.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2010
  4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Very pretty Scovies! I especially like the Blues & the Self Blue in the last pic, those aren't very easy to find over here. I got lucky when I got my 2 girls in the rescued group.

I think the color you're asking about is Blue Fawn but the picture is really bright so it's a little hard to tell.

5. Muscovies

Her father was a big bodied black pied drake and her mother was a lavender pied hen.

So I don't know what comes out of the pair but I got a blue pied ducklet and a drakelet from off of her.

6. Muscovies

Bleenie the picture your talking about the one that is to bright she is in the first picture on the far right.

Bleenie what could I cross with the hen if she is blue fawn?

Thanks, Bleenie

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2010
  7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I would say she is a Blue Fawn, just a pale colored one. Cross her with a nice, Dark Chocolate Drake to produce Blue Fawn & Chocolate Ducklings, you might even get a couple like my Zoli(Lilac), she came from that exact breeding.

Her father could carry Chocolate, just not show it. What do you mean by Lavender? That last hen is a Self Blue which is also called Lavender... was that her mother?

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  8. Muscovies

That is not her mother I got the hen from another person. The hen's mother was lavender pied

Bleenie is my lavender/Self Blue hens ready to breed for the spring it takes them about a year to mature right?

Thanks, Bleenie [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2010
  9. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

My hens were breeding by 5 months & laying by 7months. you're look plenty old enough to be ready to breed & lay. Watch for the small "thin" spot on the back of their head where the drakes soemtimes accidentally pull their feathers out when they breed them. That's how I knew my Drake Fatty was breeding Zoli, KD & Buttons... "HIS girls", lol.

.... Or you could just send her to me and I will see if Sidney likes her? [​IMG] I can't wait til Bombay, my Self Blue Drakelet, is old enough to breed.. he's gonna make some gorgeous babies!

10. Muscovies

In the first picture the blue hen is she a blue fawn because she does have brown in the front, sides, and back?

Thanks, Bleenie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by