My muscovy girl is all alone!

StillwellMade

In the Brooder
Feb 16, 2018
Hey everybody. Long time admirer first time duck owner! Off to a bit of a rocky start and could use some resources.

My wife and I were gifted three healthy muscovies last week, a drake and two ladies. But the morning we went to pick them up from our friends they told us the drake had been taken by a fox the previous evening. Ok, these things happen. No big deal we still have two happy hens. Then one of them flew off into the woods. Ok. Probably should have made sure their wings were clipped. Rookie mistake.

So, now we are down to one sweet lonely duck. We named her Millie and we are very fond of her. She seems happy enough to have a nice big yard and coop to herself, but we are desperately trying to find her a companion.

There only seem to be a handful of drakes available through our local CL and FPF (we are located in north west Vermont) but we want to make sure there is at least one more female before introducing a drake. Poor Millie has been through alot already this month.

Does anyone know where we can get adult/ juvenile ducks shipped from the east coast? I like Holderread's reputation but shipping a duck from Oregon through the post office during these crazy times seems daunting.

Is it possible to introduce ducklings to our muscovy hen? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Check craigslist. I got my two female ducklings from a local duck farmer who posted on craigslist. I dont know what I would do if something happened to one of them. They are two peas in a pod and stick right next to each other ALL day.

Back
Top Bottom