My Muscovy isn't Acting Right

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by alexsys123, Aug 29, 2013.

1. alexsys123

alexsys123 New Egg

Aug 29, 2013
    My duck is about 10months old now and she hasn't been acting normal. She has had loss of appetite and loss of motivation.. When I go outside to check on her she is just laying down with her head twisted and leaning on her back. I've noticed that her wings are crossed behind her, also. It has been raining everday so her pain gets a bit wet as well as her. When I put her in the tub to swim for a little bit it sounded like she was wheezing... I've never owned a duck before and I am concerned of her health. Especially since she hasn't eaten much in the past few weeks. Someone please help! If any ideas what her sickness could be, please let me know. [​IMG]

2. raewhitewolf

raewhitewolf Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2013
    Has she been injured? or has she been wormed recently?

I have never really had one of my muscovies act this way unless they were pining or feeling broody I'm afraid, so I don't think I can help much.
    Has she been laying at all?

3. alexsys123

alexsys123 New Egg

Aug 29, 2013
    I haven't wormed her and she had started laying eggs for a few days then stopped but I have already checked to make sure an egg wasn't stuck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by