My mystery Giant Cochin

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sugar Sand Farm, Mar 27, 2009.

1. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    This is Dutch my giant cochin Roo He will be 1 on April 3. He came with my order of BBS cochins. He looked just like a blue with dark blue and yellow coloring until he started to feather in. Then he looked like a barred cochin Once he was fully feathered and went through his firs tmolt be became this brown color. He looks more like a bronze turkey color close up I contacted the breeder and he admitted he is a mix of some kind stating his father was white? Anyway I think he is unique and wanted to share him with you all

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

what do you all think.

2. gmzamz

gmzamz Out Of The Brooder

Mar 24, 2009
    Monticello, MN
    he's.... BE-A-U-TI-FUL!!!! [​IMG]

3. patyrdz

patyrdz The Madd Hatcher

Feb 26, 2009
    Southern Pines, NC
    WOW he really is a handsome boy!![​IMG]

4. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    A very handsome cuckoo [​IMG]

5. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Thanks the breed says he should be culled but I don't think so. He apoligized and said his father was a white cochin who took first prize at a show. He wanted some new blood in his line of blues and blacks. He didnt realize there was a problem until they started to grow out . He says now he can trace it back. I really don't care what he is His coloring is a chocolate color but his feather look alittle like a barred. Before I separated him he was in with my blue cochin hen. I have one little chick (i think its a hen) who has his barring but she is blue. Of course he looked blue when he was a chick also. It will be interesting to see what she looks like. I hope she stays blue.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by