my name is Christie and I am addicted to the egg auction...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Christie Rhae, Jul 25, 2011.

1. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    *************** this is actually post #1... thread got goofed up a little***************
    Seriously, it is the first thing I check when I get on BYC. I scan the auctions for eggs I might want. I even check it in the middle of the night on my iphone. lol!
    I set my alarm for 4:30am to bid on some eggs I wanted this sunday morning! I have two different batches of eggs in my incubator, eggs that are being sent to me tomorrow and what am I doing now?? Scanning the egg auctions! [​IMG] Help I am addicted!!!
    sshhhh just don't tell my husband k? lol

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I won't tell if you won't tell. Did you see the crazy 24 hour auction under chicken stocks? I got so I had eggs coming almost every day. I can't build coops fast enough. Yeah, I am chicken crazy and I love it!

3. Christie Rhae

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Quote:Oh god I better not even look at the 24 hour auction.
    So how does it work? Eggs are up for auction for 24 hours? Ack look I am already getting sucked in!!

4. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Yes, though sometimes they have a buy it now option. Prices seem better there too. I list some of my eggs there sometimes. You just find an offer you want, then post " I would like to offer $x for option one or you can name the breed you want and the seller. Check it out.

5. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Have you checked out the 24 hour auction thread??

Hello, my name is Shelley and I'm an enabler....

6. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    [​IMG] I love the crazy 24 hour thread!! For a couple of months, I was a total addict. Checking for new posts every hour or 2. I won some great deals and hatched beautiful birds.... but am paying for it now!! Both coops are full. There are brooders and pens covering my back porch. 2 adorablel Ameraucana chicks are watching me right now from a cage on my desk. I have rehomed 7 in the past week and still have too many chickens!! This month I have been out in the blazing sun almost every day working on 2 new coops. When the coops are finished everyone should have plenty of coop space, IF I CAN STAY AWAY FROM THE EGG AUCTIONS!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    Quote:Yes Shelley is an enabler!!! I think about a dozen of the chickens on my back porch hatched out of her eggs!!

Of course they are beautiful and I love every one of them.

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    I always thought you were a guy... [​IMG]

9. Christie Rhae

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Quote:Me??

10. EmtheFishLady

EmtheFishLady We're all mad here Premium Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Glen, MS
    Quote:Did the posts get twisted somehow? Did Forrest start this thread? I'm confused here...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by