My name is stevenson and I am addicted to chickens...

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Stevenson, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Stevenson

Stevenson Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Southwest Indiana
    So, I think I might have a problem. I already had 42 eggs being shipped this week....and last night I ordered another 12! This is on top of my 25 chicks that I have coming next week. I keep telling myself that half will be roosters and we will be eating plenty of chicken over the next several months...but that is going to be a lot of chickens!!!!!!!!!! I am pumped about putting 54 eggs into the incubator. I don't know who is going to enjoy this more....me or my 5 yr old son and 3 yr old daughter! If I have the same kind of results I had in my test incubation (15 out of 16 hatched)...I am going to be overrun!

24 Delaware eggs + 12 Speckled Sussex eggs + 6 Dominique Eggs + 12 total (I don't know how many of each) Barnvelder, Welsummer, and Blue Ameraucana eggs + 18 Delaware Chicks + 4 Partridge Rock chicks + 3 New Hampshire Red chicks = a whole lot of chickens!!!!!

My plan is to keep 25-30 with Delaware being my primary breed.

2. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Good Luck have fun

3. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I think that says it all. [​IMG]

4. Stevenson

Feb 5, 2011
    Southwest Indiana
    [​IMG] LOL

5. MountainChickenMama

MountainChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    Good Luck and keep us posted please!!!

6. obaan1

obaan1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2010
    Great Lakes State
    Well, from the size of the pumpkins that you grow it looks like you do everything BIG. Go for it!!

7. kla37

kla37 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2010
    Hillsborough, NC USA
    LOVE the pumpkins in your avatar!

8. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    funny post hehehe [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]: jumpy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]: jumpy [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  9. Stevenson

Feb 5, 2011
    Southwest Indiana
    Quote:LOL Yeah, I tend to jump in completely when I get into something. I grew that pumpkin in 2007...it weighed in at 678 lbs.

10. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Well, um......My name is Lendon and I'm addicted to chickens...........[​IMG]

I've got 4 Polish Frizzle Bantams in the incubator, 10 Buckeye eggs, and I just went insane and won an auction for 8+ eggs from ChooksChick.............

Then I've got six mature hens outside, one is a brooding right now with five eggs underneath her.....

I've got 14 chicks in a brooder downstairs in my basement........

Sigh........I totally know how you feel.........Do you think there's hope for us???? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by