My name is Sunny

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SunflowerTheBun, Jul 8, 2016.

1. SunflowerTheBun

SunflowerTheBun Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2016
    Victoria, Australia.
    Hiya!

I'm Sunny, and I've been stalking BYC since I got my two Silkie bantam hens at the start of last year. (as pullets) They are called Mr. Feathers (even though he is a girl) and Missy Chicken. She is definitely the top of the pecking order.
    This year, I got a little black pullet...who is now a cockerel :p. (I sort of guessed that from the start though)
    He is now definitely past the age when he should crow but hasn't yet, meaning I get to keep him for now! His name is Prince Pom Pom. (my friend Maddie named him hehe, she thinks my silkies are really cute. Another friend I have calls them 'Afro chickens', which I love)
    They are all featured in my profile picture, but that is not a very new pic. I will have to take some more...

When I got Prince I knew he would be picked on, especially by Missy, and I was right. But they have come good now. Mr. Feathers was really nice to him, and we let them out in the run by themselves. But now Missy Chicken has come round and is nice so it's no problem.

So, I kinda know my way around BYC, since I've been reading and reading when I first got my chooks, and I'm so pumped to join you all!

I am from Australia and plan to join the Australian thread. :D

Sometimes (most of the time :p) I sign off with emojis.
    My full nickname didn't fit in the username, but is SunflowerTheBunBunBunny.
    (Or SunnyBunny)

So I'll now sign off.
    - [​IMG][​IMG]

P.S. My real name is Sarah, but please call me Sunny, because it suits my personality.

Edit: We also have around 30 birds on an avairy, king quails, canaries, zebra and mannican finches, and budgies.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  2. Goldenelk lover

Goldenelk lover Just Hatched

Hi!welcome!wow!ilove the name Sarah,my name is Tasha!glad you joined!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
  3. SunflowerTheBun

Jul 8, 2016
    Victoria, Australia.
    Thank you! Tasha is a great name too!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Very nice to meet you Sunny. Welcome to Backyard chickens. There is a large Aussie community at BYC - the more the merrier. You might also like the thread "I built a Bridge," started by Teila, who has bantam chickens. She is so nice and her banty hens are adorable.

5. SunflowerTheBun

Jul 8, 2016
    Victoria, Australia.
    In the year and a half of surfing BYC, it's crazy to think you'd reply on my thread! I'll be sure to check out that thread, thanks so much!

6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] Glad you joined us!

7. SunflowerTheBun

Jul 8, 2016
    Victoria, Australia.
    Thank you sincerely! :D

8. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi Sunny, welcome to BYC! Sounds like you have a cool flock! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by