My neighbor thinks my new Americanas pullets are a big deal, is he crazy?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by kzane23, Apr 2, 2015.

1. kzane23

kzane23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    I've got 3 very adorable white Americana pullets and my neighbor tells me that its kind of a big deal. Is it weird to have whities?

2. greylock

greylock Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2011
    Summerfield, Florida
    I just bought whites for the first time. They are about 3 weeks old. It is the white Americana that the Wellsummer chick was picking on to the point of drawing blood. One of my white pullets( I hope) is pure white the other has some grey markings. I do love my Americanas. I have one older hen that lays about 4 pink eggs a week, Every other egg is a huge double yolker weighing in at 109 grams.

3. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    Holy moly! Thats one heck of an egg! My 3 look like they will turn out all white though but we shall see :)

4. greylock

Aug 16, 2011
    Summerfield, Florida
    I would send you a picture of today's egg if I knew how. The yolks are huge in her double yolkers. People who have see the eggs ask me what she has to say when she is laying that egg.

5. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Do you have pics?

6. greylock

Aug 16, 2011
    Summerfield, Florida
    I will try and send this picture of todays egg at 109 grams next to an extra large egg weighing 70 grams.[​IMG]

7. kzane23

Feb 22, 2013
    Northern NM
    Good lord!!!!! Thats an omelet all by itself!

8. greylock

Aug 16, 2011
    Summerfield, Florida
    It makes a breakfast. On occasion I slip one in the doz for my regular customers.

9. Blooie

Blooie Team Spina Bifida Premium Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Northwestern Wyoming
    My Coop
    Wow. that's about as big as some of Ida's eggs were!! Very nice! I got one from Ida that was 112 grams and one was 123 grams. The heavier egg was actually smaller size-wise, but it was denser...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It wasn't double yolker, it was an entire double egg! Two inner whites, two outer whites, and two yolks....but with only one of those white stringy thingys (technical term) shared between them. I nicked one of the yolks with a shard of shell when I cracked it open, doggone it!
    [​IMG]
    This egg was smaller to look at and hold but bigger weight wise. I can't remember now if this was double yolked or not...she's laid several in the 90s that weren't, so it's possible that it wasn't either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Makes it a little tough to close the cartons, doesn't it? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by