My neighbors fixed my coop after a wind storm... I want to repay ...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by maf2008, Nov 20, 2009.

1. maf2008

maf2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    My neighbors fixed my coop after a wind storm... I want to repay their kindness........

My neighbor (whos is a master craftsman and gets $50 per hour) ... I called them after a huge windstorm.... My coop "blew over" and lots of chickens were running all around. He , his wife and son cam running over to catch chickens, and rebuild the coop.... he did not ask for one penny. [​IMG] My husband was laid off at the time (BUT HE JUST GOT A JOB YESTERDAY!!) [​IMG]

I ask Greg my neighbor "how can I ever repay you" he said... "I guess just keep those fresh eggs :celebratecoming my way once in while" [​IMG]: bow [​IMG] [​IMG]

WOW what a neighbor. [​IMG] I now have chickens to sell for extra money and I want to pay my neighbor SOMETHING

We are raising large cornish cross..... I was thinking of giving them about 10 large (9-12 lb!) frozen chickens for Christmas!

This is all we can do to say thanks. Is this good? and arent we lucky to have such nice neighbors! [​IMG]

2. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    Wow, you are lucky to have them as neighbors and I think the frozen chicken idea is a great one. Stay on their good side, you never know when you'll need a bigger coop! lol
    and a huge CONGRATULATIONS to your hubby on the new job.
    Way to go!!!

3. Kansaseq

Kansaseq Prairie Wolf Farm Asylum

Feb 12, 2009
    NE Kansas
    My next door neighbor has helped me out numerous times with my mower. I don't have much to offer, but do give them fresh eggs whenever I can. I think it's more about the sentiment behind the gesture or gift. I think the fresh chickens is an awesome way to show your gratitude.

4. bUg_Farm

bUg_Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    On a mountain
    Chickens are a nice gesture. But, don't forget that he did tell you that he would enjoy fresh eggs ... I'd keep the fresh eggs going for a while.

5. maf2008

maf2008 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Of course, I mean in addition to the fresh eggs.... He just won't know about the frozen roasters until December 25th! [​IMG]
    Quote:

6. ginbart

ginbart Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I know if I helped out someone I would love to have some home made goodies at Christmas time. [​IMG] That's from the heart and means more to me than anything.

7. toletiquesbysam

toletiquesbysam Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2008
    Nebraska
    Giving them 10 chickens is very generous of you and I'm sure they would appreciate it!! [​IMG]

8. Teach97

Teach97 Bantam Addict

Nov 12, 2008
    Hooker, OK
    That is cool...I am with the rest...something baked and from the heart means way more than money to me. My dad recently passed (last week) and a friend gave me a dozen of cinnamon rolls...way better than flowers...plus she hugged me!! Gotta love 92 year old hugs!!!

9. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

Sounds like a great idea, to me!

What a great neighbor!

10. Eggs4Sale

Eggs4Sale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2009
    Quote:Teach, [​IMG] from a not-92 year old...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by