My neighbors lost another baby

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Candeechick, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Candeechick

Candeechick Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    Botetourt VA
    One of my neighbors bantam pullets got snatched through a temporary pen while they were renovating the big coop. We are thinking a racoon was the culprit. It was one of his favorite chicks. I really hate when people lose one of their babies. Im gonna try to get him another baby if i can find him an easter egger in the area.

2. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Not exactly sure where the area is that you are....I'm in Southern VA and have some Easter Eggers that I'm trying to find homes for! A 9 month old roo and 3 or 4 babies...well...."teenagers" i guess LOL about 7 weeks.

3. Candeechick

Jul 24, 2011
    Botetourt VA
    Im in fincastle virginia. I got a couple of leads. I felt so bad for my neoghbor he just so upset this evening.

4. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    That's a total a bummer [​IMG]

What a nice neighbor you are to be scouting out replacements. [​IMG]

5. Candeechick

Jul 24, 2011
    Botetourt VA
    Thankfully we have the best neighbors in the world. Not sure how we got so lucky in the neighbor lottery but after living in the city for ten years and then moving to the country a year ago it has been completely refreshing. We got started with chickens after babysitting their farm which consists of five horses, ten chickens, three barn cats and a newfie. My daughter fell competely head over hills for this little speckled hen and the rest is history. Now they are helping me get started by helping build my chicken tractor and showing me the ropes. All my new babies have done well but they have lost three recently and it jist breaks my heart.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by