My neighbors love my chickens.....

chicknduck

Songster
9 Years
May 21, 2010
Ohio
So I let my flock free range and close them in for the night. Today I noticed one ok three went into my neighbors yard behind my privacy fence. They have alot of room back in the woods but tend to come up the hill in the fenced in area once it is shaded. I always leave the gate open for them. Ok anyways I see my neighbors older son feeding them and I said are my chickens over there and he said yes. Like a ood neighbor I said I will fence in where they are getting out and apoligized. He told me how much they like the chickens and watch them and also feed them but know what is safe because they had chickens before and ask me to please not fence their excape route because his whole family sits and watches them. I just thought it was funny. His father then asked if he could buy eggs once they start laying and if he could sell any in extras I may have in his store. Then asked if I thought about getting a rooster after I told him they were all hens. WOW I hear so much about neighbor complaints and this was just nice to hear something positive. My other neigbors stink so one good set of neighbors isnt bad.

I just thought it was a nice story to share.

Great story! Thanks for sharing
smile.png

Yea!
wee.gif

The good stories sometimes seem few and far between. I have good neighbors too. If mine get out they will guard them till I get home.

Imp

my neighbors love my chickens too! they always throw scratch into their yard to lure the girls over so they can look at them haha

Even my mean, angry at the world neighbor has started tossing things so my chickens will come over so his wife can see them. It scared me when I saw them over there because he's shot at my pets before...

My other neighbors get eggs in exchange for things so them I'm not worried about.

Always good to have neighbors like yours, and to put smiles on peoples faces.

thumbsup.gif
Great story. Now if you can convince the neighbor boy how much *fun* it is to clean the coop, it could really be a win-win!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom