1. cndula@elp.rr.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    El Paso, Tx
    Please don't turn this into a political debate. But please keep my nephew, Justin Loya, in your positive thoughts and prayers. He is in the Marines and he left two days ago for Afganistan. He is supposed to be there for 7 months. Pray for his mother and father and his little sisters. They are having quite a hard time with this.

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Prayers said. [​IMG]

3. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

My flag is flying for ALL of our soldiers, including Justin![​IMG]

4. sfw2

sfw2 Global Menace

[​IMG] , and thanks to him and his family.

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Prayers said.

6. Bantimna

Bantimna Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    South Africa
    Prayers said [​IMG]

7. cndula@elp.rr.com

[email protected] Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2009
    El Paso, Tx
    Thanks everyone for your comments, prayers and flags.

8. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    From a soldier's wife... I know about the pain of missing them and worrying for them. They will get comfort in knowing that it is all in God's hands come what may. He gives us all what we need to get though the trials and tribulations we face from day to day.

My boiler broke and my pipes froze... we got through it.
    I learned my youngest had a hole in her heart... we got through it.
    My oldest was being tested for autism... we got through it.
    We missed our daddy/husband... we got through it.
    The leaves fell, the gutters got cleaned, the snow got plowed, repairs on the house were made, and each day we got up and each day we said our prayers. We most definitely got through it. It's hard. There will be good days and not so good days but they will get through it.

One thing we did that you may suggest to them and his little sister would be what we did. We had a prayer jar. Each night (since they time difference... we chose night... which was 8 hrs ahead of us so closer to his morning) we got colorful construction paper and cut it in strips. We would date it and write a prayer down specifically for him and his company and then we'd fold it up and stick it in our prayer jar. When he came home he got to pull them out and read them.

I found a big glass jar with a lid at Big Lots-- kind of like a family dollar store.

You're nephew will have wonderful life changing experiences and he will most likely have experiences that aren't so wonderful and won't be able to talk about them due to orders. My dh always liked getting care packages and movies and gum and baby wipes. Talk to church and his sister can talk to her school and most likely they will do something on the lines of kids writing letters and putting a care package together and it will be so abundant that he will have so much that he will be able to share with his fellow men and women because there are some people who just don't get any kind of anything... letters...

My dh handed out letters and then each soldier wrote that kid back and they mailed them back to the school and the kids were really excited.

hugs,
    gretchen

...and you will all "get through this." Just take it day by day.

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I will keep your nephew in my good thoughts and prayers. [​IMG]

10. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Prayers sent.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by