My nesting box add-on!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by fshinggrl, Sep 3, 2009.

1. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    I have to say, I am quite proud of myself. I can be very handy with a hammer or saw. Our premade chicken coop (hen house) was too small for the 13 hens I got. (for the longest time I thought they had sent me 3-4 roosters, so space wasn't going to be an issue.) Well, as winter is approaching, I knew I had to come up with something. So, I made my own nesting boxes to mount on the side of the existing coop. We then took out the nesting boxes and cut open the wall. I would say it turned out pretty nice. There are some additional work to do but it is functional for these temperatures. Take a peek.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Vince

Vince Out Of The Brooder

Jul 1, 2009
    Harrison, Tn
    Nice job on the addition. We chicken lovers can be so creative when needed to be. I would suggest putting some shingles or tin on the roof/door. I am sure you have already planned on that though. Just saying.

3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    Quote:Yep, I belong to freecycle and have some shingles already lined up! Just have to go pick them up! Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by