My new 10X10 coop!!

chicken farmer

Songster
10 Years
Feb 7, 2012
Southern,Ohio
We built a coop that was 4X4 and 6 feet high in the front and about 5 feet in the back about 5 years ago when we got are first chickens and down the road as you know if you've ever raised chickens you'll want more and this past year it is way overcrowded and we need more space so we can get some more chicks here soon
wink.png
So were building this coop that's 10X10 and 7 and half feet tall in the front and 6 feet high in the back,we have a 20X20 foot pen for them with logs,stumps,bushes,and they get to free range every now and again and we live out in the country. We built it right behind the existing coop and when it's all done were gonna attach wire from the pen to the coop which will give them about 4X10 more run space. Were gonna attach the gait to the coop and have it latch on to a post beside the coop and run wire from that post to the pen,and on the other side attach wire from the pen to the new coop. But first were gonna scoot the 4X4 coop over about 4 feet right beside the pen than attach a pen that's about 4X10 to that coop and use it for a grow out pen so new birds can get use to the existing flock. We have 3 roosts in the back from side to side so that's 30 feet of roosts than were gonna put 8 nestboxs(4 on the floor and 4 right on top those) with a slanted board on top so the chickens won't roost and poop on top than cut air holes at the top of the coop and cover with wire than were gonna put real glass windows on each side of the coop. Than after that I'm gonna buy some nice tin chicken signs and other coop decorations and make it look real good and the chickens will love all the new space. I'm planning on keeping about 20 chickens in the coop/pen. I'll put updated pictures on here when we get the rest done.And in the spring I'm gonna paint it a nice brown, Hope you guys enjoy it
D.gif
Here's from the beginning to almost end

Back
Top Bottom