my new addiction!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by cjr2662, Mar 8, 2013.

1. cjr2662

cjr2662 New Egg

Mar 2, 2013
    Morfa Nefyn North Wales
    Hello! I have had my for hens for a week now. They are all new layers and are doing very well. We had 5 eggs the day before yesterday! I have a Rhode Island Red, name : Little Red Hen (very pretty) a Black Rock 'type', name : Egg Nog (cheeky) and two Sussex, names: Agnes and Florence ( one is very confident and the other is a little shy).
    Already I adore them and my topic of conversation is "my girls". I have never had hens before and in fact, until recently, I was frightened of them!!
    We live in North Wales (GB) by the sea. and I am a chef......although I haven't told the girls that in case they think I have an ulterior motive! [​IMG] My girls Live at my partners place which is just 5 mins walk form my house.

I found this site on my search engine and am loving it. Perfect sense and easy to read.
    I am looking forward to spending time here and learning all I can to keep the four ladies happy and meet some like minded folk!!

p.s. I stopped off at the pet shop yesterday and bought them some meal worms for their treat today......and boy did they love them!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] Mealworms probably tops the list of favourite treats around here! Mine also go crazy for it.

3. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    Hello and welcome from Ohio....so glad you joined BYC

Glad you decided to override your fear and enjoy your hens. They are the greatest pets :)

4. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations on your new birds, and welcome to BYC.

5. TravisE

TravisE Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2012
    fayette county wv
    hi and [​IMG] from west virginia

6. hollys chooks

hollys chooks Chillin' With My Peeps

I think it is wise not to tell your chooks you are a chef, not because they will worry, but because they will expect you to bring home all the leftovers. Mine especially love noodles, rice, cheese, yoghurt and rockmelon.
    Welcome to BYC.

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, cjr2622, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Sounds like you are loving your hens. Mine go nuts for meal worms as well! Good luck and have fun!!

8. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

9. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

10. cjr2662

cjr2662 New Egg

Mar 2, 2013
    Morfa Nefyn North Wales
    Thanks for the welcome[​IMG] It is geat to have advice and surport so readily available.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by