My New additions...can you help identify?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Mac Momma, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Mac Momma

Mac Momma Crabgrass Queen

Apr 27, 2008
    North Georgia
    I am a COMPLETE newbie to raising chickens! I have been reading for the past few weeks and got my chickens yesterday. [​IMG]

:eek:

Here are my new friends. I think the reds are RIR (Possible Roo on right and Hen on Left ??)

[​IMG]

The little one in the middle....not sure what she/he is (think its a hen) [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2008
  2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    The black one looks like our Black Australorp, but I'm not sure. Could you post better pics of head, wings, and legs/feet please?

And everyone helps eachother out, so don't worry everything will be explained.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2008
  3. Mac Momma

Apr 27, 2008
    North Georgia
    I will go out now and get a better pic! Cool! It will take a few.....

4. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    The reds are definately Rhode island. I have 3 and a red star(red sex link...thats half rir half barred rock). I love then they are very sweet and so beautiful as they start 2 get their feathers.

5. Mac Momma

Apr 27, 2008
    North Georgia
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Mac Momma

Apr 27, 2008
    North Georgia
    I can't get these images to turn the right direction, they are upright in photobucket.......oh, there it goes! [​IMG]

7. Mac Momma

Apr 27, 2008
    North Georgia
    The reds are much more full and fluffy....more so than the black one, and the black one is a bit smaller, although I am told they were hatched at the same time.

8. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Yup, that's a black aussie. Lucky you, our Olympia (the BA) is the sweetest, prettiest little people lover and lays lots of beautiful cream colored eggs. She has big dark eyes and a great personality!

Here she is as a chick, I'll go out now to get a grownup pic:
    [​IMG]

9. Mac Momma

Apr 27, 2008
    North Georgia
    She seems to have a lot less feathers than her conterparts, but I haven't noticed an pecking between them. She has some bare spots right at the base of her neck, but no blood, and I would not even know about mites.

She is a hoot, she climbs underneath the others and they sit on her, until she is tired of it and she pokes her head out and pops them up. They made such beautiful music last night before they settled in! The deer that feed in the yard near the coop thought it was really interesting! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by