My new additions* formerly ducks wanted in Eastern CT

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Henrietta23, Feb 28, 2009.

1. Henrietta23

Henrietta23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Hi everyone, we'd like to add two more female khaki campbells to our small backyard flock. We currently have two pairs of ducks and need more females! We also have blue swedish and would consider females of that breed as well. Young adults would be our preference. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2009
  2. poultrykeeper08

poultrykeeper08 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    I know of a person who sells all kinds of birds ad usually has both breeds . Tey charge $20 a duck a belive . Is that to much for you ? I can go over and take a look at what she has (gives me a reason to go there and look for my self ) [​IMG]

3. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    LOL! Glad to give you a reason. $20 each doesn't seem unreasonable to me for young adult birds which is what I'd prefer. I mean, she's had to feed them for almost a year, right? There is a Craigslist ad for two cayugas for $25 each or $40 for the pair.
    So yes, please go ahead and see what she has and let me know! [​IMG] Thanks!
    I also just found an ad for blue swedish/runner duck crosses near by so emailed about those too.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  4. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    She aslo has ducklings around this time of year , i dunno if you would want those . Ill try and swing up there tomarow if not tuesday . I go to the auction on monday [​IMG]

5. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Quote:Thanks, there's absolutely NO rush! I will buy ducklings if I don't find young adults. We brooded our two pairs last year. It was a lot of work but worth it. Not sure my DH agrees, but.... he didn't clean the brooders, I did. And he didn't complain when he ate duck egg waffles this morning. [​IMG]

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    there may be ducks at the auction also....they had some last time i went.. [​IMG]

7. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Okay, exactly where is this auction and do they have goats?????

8. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:heehe, yup they have ALOT of goats... and pigs and calfs and everything.. [​IMG] i'll try to find the address again...i think i have it saved in my PM's..i'll PM you with it...;o)

9. poultrykeeper08

Feb 12, 2008
    Agawam , Ma
    Yes they have tons of goats and stuff .
    There is always ducks but ya never know what breed they do sometimes have khaki cambels and sweedish

10. Henrietta23

Oct 20, 2007
    Eastern CT
    Got the PMs, thanks guys! I grew up near there. Now I have an excuse to go check it out!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by