My new adventure begins

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dljohnson, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Dljohnson

Dljohnson Out Of The Brooder

Dec 30, 2012
    As the building now sits absolutely quiet with fencing up and everything secure, life as we know it is about to change. From city dwellers for the past 30 years to country living is such an adjustment but one we love and so much look forward too. Today, we receive our first chickens, not a lot but a few. A friend has given us 5 Barr Rock pullets and a rooster. They will seem so lonely in that huge coop but hopefully soon we can add to their family with many other additions to their family. We have room for 60 and long for the day to acquire them. (our friend can longer afford to care for them).
    We do not have the means to buy them all at once but we do indeed look forward to the day that they are all home, here on the farm. In time we will add more to their home, in hope of adding turkeys, peacocks and peahens, ducks and geese. The music that they will make will be a sound that is dear to my ears as I have longed to be back on the farm for years. In time we will had other wonderful sounds as we hope to acquire goats, pigs and calves.
    Our farm will be so complete as we add these wonderful additions, and as we grow here. We will grow all types of berries, fruit trees and a huge garden and enjoy every moment of this new adventure. I know it will not always be easy and yes, at times difficult but such an enjoyment that speaks to my soul.
    Today, placing those new found guest in their new home will be such joy. Peaceful and ever so delightful... So the adventure begins...

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Best of luck on the first stage of your adventure! Sounds like a very idyllic farm! Best of luck to you and all your plans!!

3. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC :)

4. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] I want to come live on your farm! Sounds amazing.... Have you thought about incubating and hatching eggs to add to your flock? It is great fun and not as expensive as buying in birds.

5. chickenpooplady

chickenpooplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Ohio
    My Coop
    [​IMG] from Highland County Ohio!!!

6. Dljohnson

Dec 30, 2012
    Thank you

7. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

8. Dljohnson

Dec 30, 2012
    yes, I have thought about doing an incubator to hatch eggs but unsure how....as well as I do not have one. Maybe in time we will seek to purchase one. Thank you so much. Look forward to sharing more about what we are doing as we grow.

9. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Enjoy the adventure as you enter the world of poultry keeping.

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by