1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

my new almost finished coop for my 9 girls

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Dingleberry, May 13, 2010.

1. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Songster

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    We started by taking off carpet from 5 2x4 and plywood (slabs) we got for $4.00 each
    [​IMG]We placed them with 6' presure treated wood legs on the 4 corners for about 7.00 each
    my son helping haul back the side with one of the legs ready to go[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Drilling 2 holes on the upper part, on each side, covered by wire for ventillation.
    The door doubles as their walkway up into their home. [​IMG]we attached slats to the doorway short enough to get the door closed The 3 nesting boxes we got from a friend (free) fit great inside and we made an opening to access the boxes.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]we need a roof next.[​IMG] that comes soon (before the rain I hope) [​IMG] We just have a sheet of Particle board on top for now.
    [​IMG] the waterer and feeder are atached with bike hooks below the nesting boxes.
    total cost $48. for the wood $16 for the hinges and locks. Lots and lots of Elbow greese.[​IMG] [​IMG]
    We plan on putting it atached to the outside area of the run about 1 foot lower in the ground.

[​IMG]

2. Dingleberry

Dingleberry Songster

Apr 22, 2010
    Woodinville
    [​IMG]

3. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    [​IMG] good work

4. CoyoteMagic