1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new Avatar is a famous horsie!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by bantymum, Apr 25, 2007.

1. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Hello folks,
    Good morning, I decided to change my avatar as the old one didnt look anything like me!!except for the plaits!!
    Anyhow the horse's name is "Takeover Target" and he won the Royal Ascot in England last year.
    There has been alot of interest in this horse and his owner. He is spoilt which is good and he loves a beer with his owner. There is talk that someone is going to make a movie about him!!
    It is a wonderful story of a horse purchased for under $2000 who has made millions on the track.
    His owner is a lovely gentle man too.
    He took this photo of us last week and I had one framed and on display at work and at home.
    Helen

2. bantymum

I should mention that he is on Google etc!

3. bantymum

Sorry, i just thought id explain why I have a horse avatar!!

4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    That's very cool banty mom.

5. bantymum

Im sorry everyone, I didnt mean to sound like im boasting. He is such a special horse and it was so amazing for me to cuddle him let alone take the reins for a photo. He was so strong to hold, Im used to my thoroughbred and Arab.

6. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I would have been excited too. I never heard of the royal ascot, is it a horse race? I think it would be like getting your pic taken with secretariat or seabiscuit, very nice memory for you.

7. KrisRose

KrisRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Davison, MI.
    I would be boasting too! My Bubba only cost me $600. Hmmmm, I wonder what he's capable of!! [​IMG]

8. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Hi, bantymum! Boast away, he is a beauty!
    It's so heart-warming to hear such stories of successful animals from modest beginnings.
    Lovely picture! [​IMG]

9. chickbea

chickbea Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2007
    Vermont
    I've only seen this guy run on TV; I never had the pleasure of seeing him run live, let alone hold him, you lucky thing! I'm jealous!
    [​IMG]

10. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    You have every right to boast..we all would be honored to be in your shoes for that photo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by