1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my new babies, im so excited

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mom wewantchicks!, May 16, 2008.

1. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    ok i never knew how easy it would be to become a crazy chicken person LOL. well we got some new chicks, i wanted br and my daughter picked out the golden comet, omg they are soooo cute and crazy.
    [​IMG]
    hallow and ween, my son names them,like halloween,hes 4
    [​IMG]
    sparkle and sunshine,named by my dd
    ewwww, excuse that dirty water, we where just getting ready to change it,again, when i thought id get some pics

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats on your new chicks. I wish you the best of luck with them. Get used to changing the water often *ugh* After a week or so, consider raising it up on a platform, we used 3 half-inch squares of plywood we had laying around. It'll stay a little cleaner that way. If you're like me, you'll be thrilled when the chicks graduate to a larger waterer with higher sides on the basin. Now I only have to clean once, sometimes twice a day.

3. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    lol, i just did that tonight when i cleaned it. this is the second batch of chicks i have got and i was counting the days till i didnt have to change water every hour:lol:

4. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    love those yellow-headed Barred Rocks! [​IMG]

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    oooohhhhh cuteness abounds. Those are pretty babies. Congrats.

6. bangor777

bangor777 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    They're beautiful. I have two pieces of wood, in a step fashion, with the waterer on the highest level. They love hopping up and down and the water stays clean, something to consider in a couple of days/week when yours are bigger

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by