My New Babies...Isaac, Suede and Deville babies!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Cetawin, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Here are my newly hatched additions. Everyone is doing wonderful. I had to assist the little Suedenator and Cannonball by helping them with pip removal and membrane removal, respectively. Cannonball is thus named because s/he shot out of the egg and into the side of the incubator and sort of stunned him/herself for a few minutes. When the chick became confused and frightened after its slap into the side of the bator, I reached in an rubbed the bottom of its feet like I did with my daughter as a preemie. Baby calmed right down and started to act like a normal chick. It was really kinda of cool. I did not have any other eggs hatching at the time and the humidty was high having another baby already hatched in there so I risked open the bator a little to do the foot massage and it worked.

This is a Suede baby, a Blue Orp roo owned by Speckledhen or rather who owns Speckledhen and household. hehehehe

My little Suedenator wannabe [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a Isaac baby, a Delaware roo owned by Speckledhen

My adorable Cannonball...who is full of P & V

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a Suede baby, a Blue Orp Roo owned by Speckledhen
    My Splash Baby

[​IMG]

This is an Isaac baby, a Delaware rooster owned by Speckledhen

This is Kira's baby...this one is just plain trouble! It runs over flaps, bites skin and hangs on, then wiggles into your hand to be held. [​IMG] Brat!

[​IMG]

These are rooster Deville's babies, he is an EE

This is my cochin / EE baby...a real sweetie

[​IMG]

This one is just lazy! My BA/EE cross. Whenever I bring this one out for a picture..it sits down!

[​IMG]

These two little EEs are a trip...Nosey and Curious I am dubbing them for now

Nosey:
    [​IMG]

Curious:

[​IMG]

Edited to correct the name of Sir Isaac the Delaware rooster, I mis-spelled his name. SHAME ON ME!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  2. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    I just love those little delaware babies! Look at their fuzzy booties! Nosey's bootie is cute too LOL!

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  3. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Lady they are a danged mess! LOL The BA one has a cute fuzzy bootie but it sits down when I try to take pictures. LOL

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  4. insiderart

insiderart Obviously Insane

Apr 30, 2009
    Arkansas
    Quote:He has a cute cute cute face though. They're funny aren't they!

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Oh yeah they are. I had forgotten how fun they are and what a hoot!

6. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

They are so gorgeous! Another splash with lots of yellow, just like Ellie hatched. (hers is a girl, BTW).
    The EEs are so cute!!!!!!!

***Psst, I won't tell Isaac you misspelled his name, LOL. That stud muffin jumped up the roost when I was de-pooping their coop for a chest rub. He's a sweetie-pie and I hope your little Cannonball is half the boy that Ike is. (we're hoping for an Isaac, Jr, anyway).

7. jthayerkatz

jthayerkatz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Holland, MA
    beautiful babies [​IMG] they were definately worth the wait, that blue is soo cute.

8. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Well dang it... ahem I mean Isaac Babies [​IMG] We are sure hoping Cannonball is a he. We tell him every day what a good BOY he is. LOL He likes having his chest rubbed too...he is cute about it too. Kira's on the other hand demands attention, painfully sometimes. I am doing the same thing with the Blue Black? orp. I told him yesterday that he must eat all his scrambled egg and grow up to be a big boy like his daddy. hahahahaha

I am thinking of names but nothing is hitting yet soooo we wait.

Was Ellie's light marked or darker marked?

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Quote:Indeed worth the wait. I love these babies tons. They are already spoiled not even 3 days old and they are rotten. hehehehe

I put a teaspoon of plain unsweetend applesauce on their treat plate this morning...oh what a mess they made with that. But they loved it. They wanted more too..when it was gone there were 8 pair of eyes looking at me like "Well, you are not moving....go get it" hehehehe Maybe next week they can have some more.

You are so gonna love your orps...your delawares are gonna keep ya busy. They are so active, curious and into eveyrthing! I love em. hehehehe

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I don't recall exactly how it was marked, but she got a black and a splash just like you did, plus a Barred EE pullet she named Cynthia [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by