My New babies! Lots of PICS! :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lovin my birds, Jun 28, 2011.

1. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    I got new babies. There are sumatra and one americauna/lavender orp mixes and I think another mix. I dont much about sumatra but I dont think they have fuzzy cheeks. SO I am thinking it is another americauna mix. I am hoping that the americauna/orp mix is a female, I think she will be beautiful! So here "she" [​IMG] is tell me what you think....

[​IMG]

This is the other one I think is a mix.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my favorite little sumatra Opal! I fell in love with her because she is the smallest and spunkiest. Im hoping she is a she.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a pic of everybody in their cage. Enjoying the sun and food.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just thought I would share some pics I am super excited to have this breed.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  2. CupOJoe42

CupOJoe42 CT Chicken Whisperer

Apr 11, 2011
    Cuteness overload!!!! So excited for you!!! They are so much fun! Blessings, Blessings, Blessings!!!

3. MamiPollo

MamiPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2011
    My Coop
    They are so cute! Makes me want to do it again! They grow up so fast! I love Opal. What a pretty name!

4. lovin my birds

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    Thank you. I like the name opal to. I have no idea where I got it from, its just one of those things that when you look at them you know what there name should be. Now I just have to figure out name for the other 8. [​IMG] If you got any ideas for the americauna/orp mix let me have them. It has to be mostly names that could work for both boys and girls.

5. Lil'ChickFarm

Lil'ChickFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2011
    A-dorable! I have some just a tiny bit older and one looks like your darker araucana and is the most sweet little chick of all of mine.

6. lovin my birds

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    So I wanted to see what an opal looked like. I knew it was a gemstone but didnt know anything else. So here is the pic I found.

[​IMG]

And when opal (the chicken) grows up she will be black with a green shine in her feathers. Lol!

[​IMG]

I know I am weird I just loved it. As soon as I saw the picture of the stone I knew I made a good desicion on her name.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by