My New Babies **PIC HEAVY**

lovin'mychicks

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
Central Alabama
I just wanted to introduce you guys to my new additions!

This is a group shot at all of them. For those of you who have read that you should always have a back up plan, it is SO true! I have this plastic tote configured with a wire top in case of emergencies! It was a good thing because a zap of lightning got TWO heat bulbs from my outdoor brooder and I had to bring them inside last night to keep them warm!

I had 6 Black Australorps and 4 Mille Fleur D'uccle Bantams...

30470_dsc02400.jpg

This is Brutus...he is almost twice as large as the other Australorp chicks. His egg was not larger, but he sure is! I tried "feather" sexing (which I am not sure you can do on BA's so please let me know if it works with this breed!) I think so because I had two very distinct heights of wing feathers on some and some were exactly the same. Anyhow...I think he is a roo!

30470_dsc02383.jpg

Okay this is my "mutt" of the clutch. I took this egg from my New Hampshire who was breed to the BA roo. You can see the "red" around his face. Again, if the wing feathers are right "It's a Roo!" I cannot wait to see how it feathers out!

30470_dsc02417.jpg

And this is Black Beauty...If you read my hatching thread, she hatched a full eight hours before the rest. She had a bloody navel and stayed 1/2 way in the egg for hours. I finally (on advice from the board) wrapped a warm-wet paper towel around her belly and left her alone. This is her on day 3!

30470_dsc02408.jpg

Back
Top Bottom