My new babies :) Pictures

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Kschwartz, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Kschwartz

Kschwartz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Just got my first ducks ever on Friday! I was originally planning on getting Mallards, but then decided to get Rouens at the last minute. They are healthy and so cute! Not sure of the exact age, but most likely just around a week old. Their names are Jack and Sam (real original, huh? and names will probably stay the same no matter what gender they are, lol. [​IMG] ) My sister and I each named one.

More pictures will be added later! Also, could anyone possibly help me with sexing these little guys (or gals)? Thanks, much appreciated!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  2. Kschwartz

Jun 15, 2011
    Sorry, just wanted to bump this for a little update + pictures! [​IMG]

3. THunter

THunter Chillin' With My Peeps

Just curious, why did you decide against mallards. With their sleek lines they are such elegant ducks. Rouens, to me, look like mallards on a high fat diet and that have been sitting around watching too much TV. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  4. Kschwartz

Jun 15, 2011
    Quote:Just because they are a little more domesticated and friendly. They are really chubby looking, but it's kind of cute [​IMG]

5. animalpro24

animalpro24 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Oregon
    You won't be able to sex them at that age. They look to be a week or so old, maybe younger. Super cute! We keep the names no matter what gender they turn out to be, We have a runner girl named Spock: from Star Trek.

6. Totes Quackers

Totes Quackers Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    Melbourne
    nnaawwww, I love baby animal pics.. especially duckies!! Super cute, Congrats on the new additions!!
    [​IMG]

7. Kschwartz

Jun 15, 2011
    Quote:Thanks anyways! [​IMG] and Spock is a super cute name, even for a girl! [​IMG]

8. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    Awww, they're adorable. I love the second photo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by