My New Babies!!!

LeeLynns

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 23, 2011
Barry Texas
Hello Everyone!
Well, Today I finally went to Marshal Grains and got 4 baby Chicks. I got 1 Barred Rock, 1 Rhode Island Red, and 2 Wyndotts. They are in their new home. Geeze are these girls noisy!! My 3 dogs are just sitting at the brooder looking at me going ok .... DAD - now what have you brought home!.. I am attaching a photo, well, I am going to try and attach a photo! The girls need names, so if anyone has Ideas for names let me know.! Oh yeah, I forgot, it is because of all you, that I have ventured into this!! Thank You All.

88199_the_girls1.jpg

Yahoo!!!! LOVE new babies!!! Ok...down to names, have you thought of any yet?? I always like Miss. Henny Penny and of course Sprite, Trixie, Dixie, Daisy Doodle, Cookie, Bugs, Boots, Cricket....just to name a few! I would call the littl grey one Sprite, your RIR LuLu....thats what I see....
big_smile.png
celebrate.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
bun.gif

Names: My friend has 4 chickens with the best chicken names ever; General Grant, Ophelia, Esmerelda, and Othello. Haha. All hens too! I always thought long fancy names were fun for chickens
lol.png

Hello and Welcome! Your chicks are adorable! For names - how about the spice girls: "Ginger -Pepper- Vanilla-Nutmeg"?

Quote:
I am currently hatching my first bunch of chicks. How do you know if they are hens or roosters once they hatch?

Quote:
I am currently hatching my first bunch of chicks. How do you know if they are hens or roosters once they hatch?

I Visited U-tube, and there was a few videos of Mike Rowe "the worst jobs guy)" and there is a way to sex your chicks by their wings within the first 2 days. They say it works, do not really know, but worth watching.

Back
Top Bottom