My New Babies!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by LeeLynns, May 7, 2011.

1. LeeLynns

LeeLynns Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2011
    Barry Texas
    Hello Everyone!
    Well, Today I finally went to Marshal Grains and got 4 baby Chicks. I got 1 Barred Rock, 1 Rhode Island Red, and 2 Wyndotts. They are in their new home. Geeze are these girls noisy!! My 3 dogs are just sitting at the brooder looking at me going ok .... DAD - now what have you brought home!.. I am attaching a photo, well, I am going to try and attach a photo! The girls need names, so if anyone has Ideas for names let me know.! Oh yeah, I forgot, it is because of all you, that I have ventured into this!! Thank You All.

[​IMG]

2. KFox

KFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

Cute chicks!

3. maclady

maclady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2011
    Lost in Space
    [​IMG] You are going to love your new girls. They are great stress relief at the end of a day. I also think you have got a cute group. [​IMG]

4. SIMPleChick

SIMPleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Utah
    Yahoo!!!! LOVE new babies!!! Ok...down to names, have you thought of any yet?? I always like Miss. Henny Penny and of course Sprite, Trixie, Dixie, Daisy Doodle, Cookie, Bugs, Boots, Cricket....just to name a few! I would call the littl grey one Sprite, your RIR LuLu....thats what I see.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. cfinn7

cfinn7 New Egg

May 7, 2011
    Names: My friend has 4 chickens with the best chicken names ever; General Grant, Ophelia, Esmerelda, and Othello. Haha. All hens too! I always thought long fancy names were fun for chickens [​IMG]

6. chick4chix

chick4chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2009
    So Cal
    Hello and Welcome! Your chicks are adorable! For names - how about the spice girls: "Ginger -Pepper- Vanilla-Nutmeg"?

7. starchick2

starchick2 Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2011
    Quote:I am currently hatching my first bunch of chicks. How do you know if they are hens or roosters once they hatch?

8. LeeLynns

LeeLynns Out Of The Brooder

Apr 23, 2011
    Barry Texas
    Quote:I am currently hatching my first bunch of chicks. How do you know if they are hens or roosters once they hatch?

I Visited U-tube, and there was a few videos of Mike Rowe "the worst jobs guy)" and there is a way to sex your chicks by their wings within the first 2 days. They say it works, do not really know, but worth watching.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by