My New Babies!

ChickenCrazed

Songster
10 Years
Aug 28, 2009
Indiana
Thanks to Eroc1_1 (member here) we are new parents to this pair of Pilgrim Goslings!...
ya.gif
...Just have to come up with a couple of names for them!...Thanks so much Eric for helping us get our babies!...It was so nice meeting you!...Here they are!

40091_lauraphone_1453.jpg

40091_lauraphone_1454.jpg

40091_lauraphone_1450.jpg

What sweetie pies.

Do you care to speculate on genders? Or, do you just want to pick "gender neutral" names?

Based on my extremely limited experience with the 3 that I hatched in May, it appears to me that you have one definite female, the one on the left in photo #2, and one that could be either, but may well turn out to be a male.

I had 2 that I believed to be females, looked exactly alike with dark bills when hatched. "Rose" and "Constance" (hard to come up with good Pilgrim names for females, there weren't all that many women on the Mayflower and most of them seemed to have been named Mary!).

"Constance" is all white fuzzy now, looks just like #3, "Jack" so "Constance" is now "William".

Quote:
I am hoping that they turn out to be a female and male...So I will try and pick out names as such and hope for the best!...Who knows someone may end up with an inappropriate name...LOL....

Quote:
I am hoping that they turn out to be a female and male...So I will try and pick out names as such and hope for the best!...Who knows someone may end up with an inappropriate name...LOL....

I hope they are male and female too! If not, I will be in trouble too! I went by the color of the fluff and the bill. Females should have a darker bill and fluff coloration.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom