1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My New Babies!

Discussion in 'Geese' started by ChickenCrazed, Jun 21, 2011.

1. ChickenCrazed

ChickenCrazed Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Thanks to Eroc1_1 (member here) we are new parents to this pair of Pilgrim Goslings!... [​IMG] ...Just have to come up with a couple of names for them!...Thanks so much Eric for helping us get our babies!...It was so nice meeting you!...Here they are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Quote:Very sweet, Congrats!!!

3. poultryfan73

poultryfan73 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2010
    Tioga County Pa
    ive been dying to find baby pilgrims...con gratz

4. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    What sweetie pies.

Do you care to speculate on genders? Or, do you just want to pick "gender neutral" names?

Based on my extremely limited experience with the 3 that I hatched in May, it appears to me that you have one definite female, the one on the left in photo #2, and one that could be either, but may well turn out to be a male.

I had 2 that I believed to be females, looked exactly alike with dark bills when hatched. "Rose" and "Constance" (hard to come up with good Pilgrim names for females, there weren't all that many women on the Mayflower and most of them seemed to have been named Mary!).

"Constance" is all white fuzzy now, looks just like #3, "Jack" so "Constance" is now "William".

5. ChickenCrazed

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:Very sweet, Congrats!!!

Thank you!

6. ChickenCrazed

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:Thank you....I feel very fortunate to have these two!

7. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    very sweet! [​IMG]

8. ChickenCrazed

Aug 28, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:I am hoping that they turn out to be a female and male...So I will try and pick out names as such and hope for the best!...Who knows someone may end up with an inappropriate name...LOL....

9. Cottage Rose

Cottage Rose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Mid west Michigan
    Cutie pies! [​IMG]

10. Eroc1_1

Eroc1_1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Quote:I am hoping that they turn out to be a female and male...So I will try and pick out names as such and hope for the best!...Who knows someone may end up with an inappropriate name...LOL....

I hope they are male and female too! If not, I will be in trouble too! I went by the color of the fluff and the bill. Females should have a darker bill and fluff coloration.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by