My new baby Bantams have arrived!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mom4morecritters, Aug 1, 2008.

1. mom4morecritters

mom4morecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Northern Minnesota
    I received a phone call yesterday at 6 a.m. from the PO to let me know my baby chicks were there! They are so cute and all doing well!

I ordered from Ideal Poultry and am VERY happy with them!

[​IMG]

I have 3 of each: Sultan, Self Blue Cochin, Blue Red OEG, Golden Sebright, and Blue Wyandotte!

[​IMG]

My older kids noticed the Sultans right away! They wanted to know what that was on their heads! [​IMG] Just wait until they grow up and have a LOT more up top!

My fingers are crossed that I have very few cockerels because of the 9 Bantams that I bought this Spring, 7 are cockerels! :mad:

I am so excited about my new babies! I am grateful to BYC for having other chicken obessed people who understand the excitement of new babies! [​IMG]

~Anne

2. my1stchicks

my1stchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2008
    North FL
    Goodness those are cute little ones! [​IMG]

3. Johndale

Johndale Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    soooooooooooooooooo cute

4. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    OH MY they are cute. I am especially taken with the blue wyandotte. You have a lovely mix. [​IMG] wishing you mostly hens.

5. mom4morecritters

mom4morecritters Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2008
    Northern Minnesota
    Thank you to all who have complimented on my babies! [​IMG]

orcasislandchickens, I like the Wyandotte babies as well. I was surprised that they are lighter than the Self-Blue Cochin's. It's a good thing one breed is feather-footed and the other one is clean legged, otherwise I would have mixed them up!

So far only one has a name... one of the OEG's. She (I hope) is the one in the middle front of the first pic and more on the right side of the second pic looking to our right. Her name is Tiger because she looks different than the other two OEG's. I think she is a little older, that's why the difference in appearance.

orcasislandchickens, thanks for the crossed fingers... I hope it works!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by