1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my new baby chicks

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by peapatch, Jul 23, 2008.

1. peapatch

peapatch Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2008
    I would like to do a bit of crowing [​IMG] I just got back from California, I went there to pick up my 6 copper black marans baby chicks that bayhorsebonne hatched out for me. I bid on her eggs and won [​IMG] I know it was a bit crazy to travel so far from Mesa, Arizona to Norco, California all in one day but I wanted them sooooooo much. We left early in the morning, took 2 of my sons(so they could help with the driving) and 2 of my grand daughters. We went to the beach in Newport for a couple of hours, so nice, love the ocean, my 2 granddaughters had never seen the ocean before, I got a little sunburn [​IMG] then went to bayhorsebonne's home. While the kids were digging out the sand where the sun don't shine, boy that sand gets into everything and everyplace, I went in and talk with bayhorsebonne about the chicks and took my new little baby copper black marans chicks home. She (bayhorsebonne) was so nice to talk too, (love her home) plus it was her birthday. We said our good-byes back to Mesa we went got home at 11:30 pm. What a great day? Once again "Thank you, bayhorsebonne". I love my copper black marans chickies. (a dream come true) But most of all I love my husband for putting up with his chicken crazy wife.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  2. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    What a great day trip! Any trip that has to do with bringing home more chickens is a fun day [​IMG]

Got pics of the new ones?

3. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Congratulations!!! I want to see pictures!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by