1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

my new baby having trouble

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by headofthecoop, Apr 26, 2011.

1. headofthecoop

headofthecoop In the Brooder

Oct 3, 2010
    I picked up my chicks at the feed store about 5 days ago and I think they were already just under a week old. All but one seems to be growing well. the one had a little bit of pasty but I thought but nothing over the vent. it was seeming to have trouble week and lathargic. I hand fed it some sugar water a few times and it is perking up a little but I am not sure if there is anything else I can do.

2. headofthecoop

headofthecoop In the Brooder

Oct 3, 2010
    rip little guy [​IMG]

3. jmmre31

jmmre31 Chirping

Feb 5, 2011
    Front Royal
    [​IMG]

So sorry you lost your little one.

4. smokeykk

smokeykk Songster

Mar 15, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Awwww soooo sorry.... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Unfourtunatly not every chick can survive... All ya'll are scarin me with death stories. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm gettin 2 of each breed so I'll stilll have some if any die! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. mandapanda3186

mandapanda3186 Chirping

Mar 27, 2011
    southwest Michigan
    Sorry to hear it didn't make it [​IMG]

6. write2caroline

write2caroline Songster

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    It is heart breaking to lose a chick. Some thrive and others don't. Sorry for your loss. I lost 6 last summer it was awful.

Part of chickening.

Caroline

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by