1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new baby is here!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by halo, Feb 14, 2009.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Sweetie is 3 and Mikey is 10. Not that Mikey is going anywhere, he's fine, but Im thinking in4 or 5 or 6 years I might lose him, and I don't want Sweetie to be by herself. I check the breeders' website where I got these 2 periodically (I dont know why...) and last month I saw she had a litter by their sire...has to be one of his very last. So I hemmed and hawed, emailed her, talked myself out of it....decided to buy one. All this past week I talked myself out of it, I do NOT need another mouth to feed, a puppy is a lot of work, a lot of time I just dont have.

Well, I woke up yesterday morning so excited to get my new puppy! Drove down to Tampa and picked him up.

OMG....I just wasnt prepared for the cuteness. I love shelties beyond belief, but forgot just what a Sheltie puppy can be like..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am smitten. Fortunately, Sweetie thinks he's adorable, Mikey is pretending he's not here, which doesnt surprise me. The house is full of puppyness again.

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    OMG.......They are all so beautiful [​IMG] Congratulations on the new addition [​IMG]

3. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    I used to show Shelties in the breed ring and the obedience ring 40 years ago, (omg 40 years ago!) did it for a long time and had some really good ones, I love looking at today pictures and see just how much closer to the standard they are now! Contgrats on your new baby, hes a cutie!!!!

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    How sweet! [​IMG]

5. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    Adorable!!! Congrats!

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Andehens, these guys come from a long line of breed champions, obedience and agility champions. I love that not only are they gorgeous, but they have the brains to actually do something. All they have to do here is take care of 10 acres of critters. The little baby already helped me herd a young chicken that got out back into the pen. He's a natural!

7. andehens

andehens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Scenic Sierra Nevadas
    he has quality written all over him!!!!!!!!

8. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Adorable!!! What's his name?

9. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    The breeder sold him to me as show quality. I dont know if Ill do anything with it, but its nice to know. We'll see how he grows up; I may sign him up for agility and obedience classes. I think Id take offense if I showed him in breed and he didnt take first every time!

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Kelly, he doesnt have one yet!! I just cant figure out the right name for him.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by