My new baby Parakeet

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by Tohru1529, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Tohru1529

Tohru1529 New Egg

Nov 29, 2013
    [​IMG]
    These were my old parakeets Birdie on the left she die at 5 years old and Jazmin on the right she die 2 years old
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Anyway hi my name is Amy I am new here. I got a new parakeet name Olivia. I have her,for 6 weeks,it will be a month on December 1,2013. Olivia is 3 months old. I thought she was a boy,nope. I am have a hard time tramming her. Birdie and Jazmin were tame when I got them at petsmart. Olivia is not,she afraid of my hand. She is bossy and control me.I am still new at parakeet. Its been 4 years that I have not had a parakeets. Plus the parakeet I got at the petstore in 2005 and 2006 were tame. So I am have been working with her,but she so stubborn she give me a hard time. She want it to be with Sunny. I told to go back to her cage,but flew away from it. She want it to live with Sunny. Sunny is my female tiel,she 21 year old. Meka is my female pineapple greencheek conure she is 2 year.
    old.
    [​IMG]
    This is Olivia
    [​IMG]
    This is baby Olivia at 2 month old with a short .
    Please help me,give me some tip thanks

2. Chicks Galore3

Chicks Galore3 Artistic Bird Nut

Dec 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Hello and [​IMG]! I just got a parakeet a month ago too. I'm not sure how old he is. I would say...Time. Take lots of time with Olivia. Does she know what "go back to your cage" means? she probably does not, if you didn't train her. My Parakeet, (Pepe) is scared of my hand too. I am slowly but surely making progress with him. I have not let him out of the cage yet since he is not tame. Just sit by Olivia's cage, whistle and click at her. I read and crochet by Pepe's cage and soon he was getting as close as he could to me and chirping. Good Luck!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2013
  3. Tohru1529

Tohru1529 New Egg

Nov 29, 2013
    Thank you,good luck with your bird

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by