My New Baby Pekins! (Photos and questions)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by farmgirlsomeday, Feb 23, 2014.

1. farmgirlsomeday

farmgirlsomeday Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2014
    [​IMG]Here they are. Aren't they adorable? I got them at Tractor Supply. I have never had a duck before and have a LOT to learn, so I am so glad to have found this group so I can ask questions. The TSC salesman had no idea how old they are. Can any of you guys take a guess from looking at them? Also, one of them (the lighter one) is very noisy already, while the darker little one already is much quieter and when he "peeps," it's definitely raspier and quieter. Dare I hope that I got a pair with one of each gender, or am I reading too much into their respective noises at this a age?[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They are very adorable, Congrats on your new ducklings, look to be around a week old, too young to tell sex yet. this may interest you on duckling care, only thing needs to be changed is ducklings do need food 24/7 their first 4 weeks of life after that you can take food and water up at night. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/750869/raising-and-caring-for-ducklings#post_10611711 [​IMG]

3. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    SO cute! well by about 5-6wks the voices should start changing, you'll get quacking for the girl and the drakes voice just goes away to just a garbled noise after baby babble..

That link ML posted is a good one! welcome to byc!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  4. bigbadwolf38

bigbadwolf38 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2012
    Central Texas
    SOOOO cute!!! Makes me want to get more! They grow very fast, so enjoy! It takes about 54 days to get adult size. I had a friend take pics of her little ones to chart the growth. I couldn't believe it! Have Fun!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by