My new Bantam house

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by chicken pickin, Dec 6, 2012.

1. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    I just finished building this and painting it yesterday. This will make coop number 4 in the 9 months Ive have chickens. I just thought I would share some pics. Its made out of hardwood pallets scrap wood and plywood. Total cost for the house is $15 for the hardware[​IMG], I will start the run hopefully today and shingle when I come acroos some more materials.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Nice job! [​IMG]

3. stevetone

stevetone Chicken Advocate

The best 15 buck coop I've seen yet!

4. The Bird Sitter

The Bird Sitter Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2012
    That's cute!

5. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    That's cute! Great job and definitely the best-looking thrifty coop I've ever seen.

6. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012
    Thanks! Im excited I like how it turned out. I was nervous part way through because it was a little ugly. But in the end its pretty cute. Ill add a few decorative touches later but for now i can move the chickens in. The bantams were in a different house we built a little while back but needed to move them to to be able to house Marans in the house the bantams are currently in. So now I need to rearrange the chickens living situations and I hope I dont stress them too much.

7. Lisasfeathers

Lisasfeathers Out Of The Brooder

Feb 10, 2012
    Pa.
    I like that, it's perfect for banties

8. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012
    I was lucky enough to have my father drop off a trailer load of lumber he had left over from his job and also some he found on the side of the road so yesterday the run constuction began.

It is a L shaped run

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So far its not the prettiest looking but im hoping when it is done it all ties together well. Ill work on it over the next week and hope its done by this weekend.

9. howfunkyisurchicken

howfunkyisurchicken Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2011
    Tn
    I think it looks fantastic! Now, come to my house and see what you can do with the playhouse I have. My Silkies need some new digs!!!

10. chicken pickin

Mar 3, 2012
    FInally finished the run today so my bantams will be free again they have been cooped up for about a week and a half. The roof is finished beneath the tarp but we tarped it to weather proof the plywood for the winter since we dont have shingles for it yet. Total cost for the coop and run is $40. Im very pleased with that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by