My new banty flock...help with a couple breeds? **lots of pics**

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by ZooMummzy, Apr 28, 2009.

1. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    wanting to show them off and hopefully get some help with breeds. There are a few we are just not sure about. Don't really want to know what sex yet, lol as I am still just enjoying having them. I'll worry about the possible roos later [​IMG]

My 2 week olds:

We have no idea what these three are. They have the strangest tail feathers and feathering. Very long, downy, soft and sleek feathers especially on the head. The tail feathers on all of them are very long and stick straight up. They have since day 1. They are also smaller than the rest of the banties and have darker (possibly black?) combs, or so it seems right now.

Luna
    [​IMG]

Chloe
    [​IMG]

Mona
    [​IMG]

Gemma - a golden seebright?
    [​IMG]

Phoebe - silver seebright?
    [​IMG]

Eloise - silver seebright?
    [​IMG]

Bianca - cochin?
    [​IMG]

Charlotte - cochin? Lol she has serious attitude
    [​IMG]

My one week olds....

Is this color a splash? Not sure what she is...
    [​IMG]

Our silkies - white and buff I think. They all have 5 toes, black skin, etc
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

I think your guesses are right on the mark. The first ones could be Black Japanese?

And for the first pic of your 1 week olds, she could be a Porcelain Mille Fluer d'Uccle.

Nice little flock you're going to have! [​IMG]

3. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Your first 3 are probably Japanese, but I'm of no help on the others [​IMG]

Cute babies! [​IMG]

ETA: Phoebe and Eloise (I think I'm remembering correctly LOL) look to me like silver laced sebrights. They look exactly like my SLS did at that age.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  4. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Thanks txchickie, that is what I meant, SLS. Forget the "laced" part on all the sebrights and spelled them wrong too!, lol [​IMG]

Thanks on the first three. I hadn't even thought about Japanese bantams. It would explain the strange tails. I was afraid I had 3 little roos with very active hormones [​IMG]

Ella, thank you also! I thought Mille Fluer's had feathered feet? Am I wrong? She is my absolute favorite. She is so delicate and pretty. I need to come up with a very girly name for her [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by