My New Best Friend

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by JPinVT, May 19, 2010.

1. JPinVT

JPinVT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2010
    Vermont
    I have 24 3-week-old chicks in a brooder in my basement. It's just a box with 2 ft-high plywood sides, so they've been able to hop up and roost on the edge for a while now (yet never choose to jump completely out of the brooder, thankfully). Anyhoo, here's my story:

I went down to visit my chicks last, and one of my EE's surprised me by hopping into my lap while I sat in a chair next to the brooder. I was thrilled! Then he flew up to my shoulder! I was ecstatic! I turned to look at him, and he bit me right on my lip [​IMG] How rude! This is how I knew I was a true chicken addict though: instead of putting the lil brat back in the brooder, I cautiously called upstairs to my husband to grab the camera to take a picture of me and my new best friend [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    How cute... My little silkie chick flew up to the side of the brooder recently.... Down she hoped...walked over to my chair where I was sitting at the computer and flew up onto my lap.... They have such wonderful personalites...

3. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Aww, that is so cute! What a nice picture!

4. Lolita

Lolita Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    FL
    [​IMG]

5. stina3246

stina3246 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2010
    That's too cute!! My Frizzle Chick did the same thing to me about a week ago. Although he didn't bite me on the lip. It was just the most adorable thing EVER.

6. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Aww! What a cutie! My chick flies up on to the divider between the little chicks and the big chicks, says Hi to us, poops on the lil' chicks side and hops back down! Evil, friendly and smart [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by