1. packmomma

packmomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Argos, IN
    Well just a week ago I was momma to a male eclectus. Unfortunately he had to be laid to rest. It was very strange but the day before I was to put him down a friend I havent talked to in years called and asked if I could please take her two birds because she could no longer care for them. I've known this lady for many many years and so I knew she would keep them even if she couldnt care properly for them. She just always wants her pets to go to a home where she knows they will take care of them and she wouldnt risk sending these birds to anyone else. So I said yes and it has been really great therapy for me. I really miss my ekkie talking to me, telling me I love you. I expect to hear it everyday. These two do not talk currently and only one steps up and it took me a week to achieve that. My focus so far has been to keep working with step up with the one and to gain the trust of the other. Currently now my two new babies are Ranger a green cheek conure. He has never stepped up but will land on this lady's head. We are thinking maybe it was parent raised not hand raised, even so I'm determined to get it to step up on something one day. Anyway the other is Harley and he is a Maximillian pionus. He is quiet and sweet. He chirps to me when I talk to him. He will step up occasionally if he really really wants out. Hopefully these two will warm up to our family. It would be nice to have a cuddle bird. My ekkie would give me a hug and I miss the hugs honestly. Its a very odd mourning/exciting time..just so many emotions all over but I"m sure I'll work it out as I become friends with these cuties. Here are their pictures. Ranger first and Harley second.

These pictures were taken the first day so pardon their shy reactions. I just wanted to show everyone and since stress was high already I snapped a pic of each. Once they are settled in a month I will take more.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    So sorry for your loss. [​IMG]

Looks like you have your hands full with those 2! Always wanted a parrot but I would never be able to commit to such a task.

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I'm sorry for your loss and excited for you new additions.

4. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    They are very pretty! [​IMG]

Sorry about your eclectus [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by