My New BLRW and BR Pullets!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cat_named_noodles, Aug 1, 2010.

1. cat_named_noodles

cat_named_noodles Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2009
    Wimberley, TX
    My 8 month old Godiva (SLW) died about a week ago, and I went and did what you're not supposed to do...went on Craigslist to peruse the farm and garden section. And after a few days of browsing, I saw an add for Wyandotte and Barred Rock pullets for $10 each. I decided to take the short ride to check them out and ended up with these two little ladies. They are both about 12 weeks old. We're still deciding on names at the moment... though I'm pretty sure the BLRW is going to be "Betty Poop."
    The BR has some diarrhea (didn't see that till we opened the box after coming home, which sucks), but the seller has a 30-day guarantee. I am keeping them in a quarantine cage in the house for at least a month, and giving them vetRX, medicated chick starter and electrolytes. Having them in the house should be fun, especially since my husband (who's out of town) doesn't know we got them yet, hahaha. Too bad for him. [​IMG] It'll also be easier to socialize them around the dogs, cat and my 2 year old (who all get along peacefully with the hens outside).
    The Barred Rock
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The Blue (Though could be splash) Laced Red Wyandotte
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Both
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ivory

Ivory New Egg

Aug 1, 2010
    aww they are both so adorable [​IMG]

3. cat_named_noodles

Nov 20, 2009
    Wimberley, TX
    Thank you! I gave them baths tonight as they really smelled, and now they are sleeping all wrapped up in a warm towel on my lap. No, no, we don't spoil chickens here!!!

4. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    I'm sorry about Godiva. [​IMG]
    You're new babies are beautiful. I like the way they are already scoping out your plants. They are just doing recon for when they get free in the back yard.

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Very, very pretty! [​IMG] thanks for sharing. [​IMG]

6. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Pretty Pullets you've got there!

7. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    You did that chicken math thing.......replacing 1 with 2! Sorry about your little Godiva, but those two are so cute...I'll bet they helped you feel better!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

8. Sandbellie

Sandbellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Awww, they look so good! Wonderful babies! [​IMG]

9. cat_named_noodles

Nov 20, 2009
    Wimberley, TX
    Quote:lol, chicken math. They most certainly help me feel better! Last night we cuddled on the couch for nearly 2 hours. It's like they know I lost G recently! [​IMG]

10. cat_named_noodles

Nov 20, 2009
    Wimberley, TX
    Turns out the lil girlies just LOVE meal worms...haha, of course they do. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by