My new blue/splash Silkie breeders!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by allaboutdemchicks, Oct 1, 2009.

1. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    These are from Julie (Bamachicken) and Lydia (Webb Acres), both of whom no longer show or breed Silkies.

I'm incubating the first batch after revamping the Blue/black/splash pen. Eleven out of eleven are developing! I'm keeping my finger's crossed that I will have promising results for next Spring!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Claudia

2. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    wow... you have beautiful silkies

3. 4Him4Ever

4Him4Ever New Egg

Oct 1, 2009
    oh my gosh - your silkie rooster (first picture) looks just like my PA and i have MA that looks just like your hen toooooo. I just joined the forum because i am having troubles with my silkie rooster (PA) he is not acting right and i don't know what to do or who to ask and i saw your post and felt a spark of hope - i swear he looks just like my PA - could i ask a few questions???? does it make since to say that PA is acting depressed??? ma has been broody and just got back to pa and she is hovering over him like a mother hen - she is worried too.

4. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Quote:I will Pm you.... (look for your little man telling you that you will have a message)

And, [​IMG]

5. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    Ah Ha! now we are getting somewhere. They are looking very nice, Claudia. Exciting to look forward to the babies. I love those nice tight horizontal wings. Great Job!

6. feather leg farms

feather leg farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2009
    Salisbury, NC
    OMG! the hens look just like my blue silkie hen.

7. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    That is one gorgeous rooster! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by