My New Blue Swedish Ducks

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SandRun, Mar 4, 2008.

1. SandRun

SandRun Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I finally bought ducks for my pond. They are almost 2 days old now. They will spend the latter part of the spring and the summer on my 1/4 acre pond. I'll build a shelter for them for the night hours, but we'll see how that goes. I understand ducks are much for going into enclosures, so we'll see. Here is a picture I took of them last night.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

They are so cute! They'll be so spoiled with a whole pond to themselves! Watch out for predators though.

3. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    Hey silkie do you have more of these Blue Swedish ducks???,,,Sandra BackSwampGirl:)

4. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I don't have any ducks, are you asking the OP?

5. sara

sara Title Needed Here

They are precious! Mine sleep on our pond, they don't go in their building at all. Good luck with them! [​IMG]

6. SandRun

SandRun Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2007
    Cincinnati
    This is my first experience with any kind of poultry, but I do have a parrot and a couple of parakeets. While the other birds can be messy, I am astonished at how messy these ducks are with their drinking water!!!!!

7. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Yeah - Very messy. I am going to be seperating the ducks from the chicks. As many had warned, the ducks get things all wet and I don't want the chicks in all the wetness.

I figure if we seperatet them, the clean up will be easier.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by