1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My new camera (Sample pictures!)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just got a brand new camera and I've been taking a bunch of pictures! The camera is an Olympus sp560 UZ with an 18X zoom. So far it has been wonderful, but I do need to read the directions to figure out all the features it has! I just wanted to show you guys a few sample pictures!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Very nice close ups. Beautiful birds too.

3. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    Really beautiful photography! Isn't it great having a really good camera? I love mine. It's a Nikon D50 which they no longer make. It makes taking pictures easy as pie!

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Nice. the pictures look a little bit like fuzzy. Are you using the zoom?

5. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

OH I WANT that camera! NICE pictures!

6. suburban farm girl

suburban farm girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Great pictures! Is your camera fully automatic, or are you able to make manual adjustments to aperture and shutter speed (it looks like you might have been playing with depth of field.) ?

Regardless, I can tell you are going to have a lot of fun with it!

(BTW - I have a Canon Rebel XT)

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Nice. the pictures look a little bit like fuzzy. Are you using the zoom?

I don't see any fuzzy at all. They all look clear to me. Although i'm used to my glasses being fuzzed over from chicken dust! [​IMG]

8. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks everybody!

I was using the zoom, but I think what happened is that the pictures shrunk down when I uploaded them and it blurred them just a bit. On my laptop they look pretty clear and they are much brighter then they are appearing here on the home computer. I do know one of the complaints I've heard about the camera was regarding the noise, so I am sure there is some. I know it has been hard for me to stay completely still to get macro shots! Some of those come out blurry, and even the rose picture is not as clear as I want it.

It is both automated and manual, which is pretty nice. I have to read up more to use it manually, but I've been happy with most of the automatic pictures I've taken. Once I get a few minutes, I will sit down and read the guide book and maybe pick up a photography one as well!

So far I'm very happy with the camera! It is a little slow, but certainly not as bad as my other 4 pixel camera! I still have a lot of learning to do, but even my practice pictures are much better than the pictures I could take with my old camera! I like that the new camera has a lot of potential, so I won't out grow it anytime soon.

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    There is no fuzzy and blur at all here.and i'm using a dingy old monitor. Nice pics , i love the peacock feather and the rose. I did a rose close up in sepia myself and framed it.

10. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] Now thats what I call taking a pic! Loved them, particularly the duck, the clarity is super. I want a new camera, I want a new camera, I want a new camera! Birthday next week going to drop massive hints to hubbie, yes I WANT a new camera!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by