My New Car! (pic)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Just wanted to share a picture of my new 1997 Honda accord! I was so happy to find it! It only cost $5,000 but my dad paid for half. It only has under 54,000 miles on it, and it looks brand new. It also has a sunroof!

In the background is my brother's new car. It's a 97 VW Jetta with 74,000 miles on it. We got an awesome deal on it for only $2,500. My brother gets his license in December.

[​IMG]

2. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Is our dad willing to adopt, I would be willing to go halves on a car with him.

Like the car, thought you were away at colledge, are you allowed to have car in first year?

3. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Congrats, Chicker!!!

4. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    Your Honda will go forever as long as you take care of it. We had one that had 200,000 miles on it when we sold it for $200.00. It's still going as far as I know. [​IMG]

5. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    Lucky! Nice car.
    My parents paid halves on my first car, too. A 1985 Plymouth Duster... (pretty much a Dodge Charger) they chipped in a whole $250 that I had to pay back. Almost killed myself in that car a few times. Never put a car in park if the excellerator sticks! [​IMG] I'm a much better driver now. [​IMG]

6. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Thanks everyone! I drove it home from my dad's work and it's really, really nice! The guy who owned it took awesome care of it! I'm almost afraid my dad will want to keep it! LOL

MD, I am at college, but they actually let freshmen keep cars on campus. You also don't have to pay a registration fee either, which is awesome! It will be really nice to go to local places on the weekend in a car that won't cost me hundreds for gas!

I was actually the lucky one between my brother, because my brother had to pay all of his car. He worked the whole summer as a life guard, so he had more than enough money! I didn't quite have $5,000, so my dad surprisingly paid for half. If it cost any more than that, I don't think he would have been willing! He also sold off some stocks too and had a lot of money from that, so I'm sure that's how he was able to afford it. LOL, my bank account is hurting now, but at least I'll have a car for many, many years!

7. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    Nice ride [​IMG] those Honda's are good vehicle to have, congrats !!

8. mdbucks

mdbucks Cooped Up

Jul 14, 2007
    EXIT 109 on 95
    Glad you can keep the car I would hate having toleave it at home, take care of it and it will last forever, I sold my 84 CRX(2seat honda) about 13 years ago, and I still see it around town, it had 150,000 miles when we got rid of it, fun car but not much af a family car. Enjoy it, didn't you drive a PU, thought I remember a post about it, lots better gas milage if that was you.

9. nccatnip

nccatnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2007
    Piedmont area NC
    What a nice ride. My first car was a 1966 Dodge handmedown. It still had the melted crayons that I left in the back window as a kid. Lord knows how many miles it had on it. I was lucky, though, didn't have to pay for it cash, had to work it off with extra chores around the house. That thing ran forever until my husband put it in a demo derby.

10. Chickerdoodle13

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    LOL, Md, I was the one with the PU. It was actually my dad's but he bought a little jeep to run him back and forth to work. When the truck wasn't available, I would just use my mom's van. Didn't care much what kind of car I was using as long as it had wheels and got me from A to B! My brother on the other hand is a different story. He's completely embarrassed to drive anywhere with my mom in the van and my dad doesn't trust him with the truck LOL.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by